Education and Authorisations
2012: Specialist in dermatology and venerology
2005: Ph.D, University of Southern Denmark
1998: MD, University of Southern Denmark
2018: Head of Department, Department of Dermatology, Molholm Hospital, Vejle, Denmark
2017-2018: Head of Department, Dept. of Dermatology and the Allergy Centre, Odense University Hospital
2014-2018: Head of laser and surgical section Dept. of Dermatology and the Allergy Centre
2014-2018: Consultant Dept. of Dermatology and the Allergy Centre
2013-2018: Consultant Department of Dermatology, Molholm Hospital, Vejle, Denmark
2012-: Associate professor University of Southern Denmark
2012-2014: Staff specialist Dept. of Dermatology and the Allergy Centre
2012-2018: CEO Dermatological Investigations Scandinavia (a CRO under University of Southern Denmark)
2012-: Certified aesthetic dermatologist
2007-2012: Residencies in dermatology, internal medicine, rheumatology at the and at Odense University Hospital, Odense and at University Hospital, Aarhus Denmark.
2004-2006: Residencies in internal medicine, psychiatry, surgery and general medicine at Sønderborg Hospital, Denmark
2004- Certified Cosmetics Safety Assessor
2001-2004: Ph.D.-student, University of Southern Denmark
1998-2001: Research associate, S.K.I.N. Inc., Conshohocken, PA, USA
The Flemming Brandrup Prize, 2007
PhD Thesis "Development of an in-vivo test method for the evaluation of the effect of anti-irritants in the treatment of irritant contact dermatitis", University of Southern Denmark, 2005
Associate professor at Department of Dermatology and the Allergy Centre, OUH and University of Southern Denmark. More than 400 teaching sessions for colleagues, nurses, students, firefighters, cosmetic nurses.
2017-2018: Regional representative in Medicinrådet on psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis
2017-2018: Chairman Specialerådet for dermato-venerology, Region Syddanmark
2016: Regional representative in National clinical psoriasis guidelines
2004- J. Toxicol.-- Cut. & Ocular Toxicol
2010- Ugeskr Laeger
2012- Acta Dermato-venerologica
Since 1998 several GCP-studies in USA and Denmark. Latest GCP course august 2018.
2018- Supervisor on the Ph.D, project of Bettina Trettin.
2016- Supervisor on the Ph.D, project of Mathias Thiedeman Svendsen.
2012-2016 Supervisor on the Ph.D, project of Kristian Mose.
2011-2012 Supervisor on the thesis of Abdiweli Awil Mohamoud and Tarek Sulaiman.
2006-2009 Supervisor on the Ph.D, project of Anders Clemmensen.
The Danish Medical Association, The Danish Dermatological Society, Danish Contact Dermatitis Research Group, American Contact Dermatitis Society.
Author or co-author of 50 scientific papers including 1 book chapter - mainly on experimental clinical investigations related to cosmetics, contact dermatitis and psoriasis.
Author or co-author of more than 30 oral presentations of scientific work at scientific congresses.
Ten most recent publications (2017-2018)
41. Svendsen MT, Jeyabalan J, Andersen KE, Andersen F, Johannessen H. Worldwide utilization of topical remedies in treatment of psoriasis: a systematic review. J Dermatolog Treat. 2017;28(5):374-383.
42. Silva CA, El-Houri RB, Christensen LP, Andersen F. Contact allergy caused by methylisothiazolinone in shoe glue. Contact Dermatitis. 2017;77(3):175-176.
43. Madsen MT, Andersen F, Paulsen E. Concomitant immediate and delayed sensitization by philodendron (Philodendron scandens) in a plant keeper. Contact Dermatitis. 2017 Nov;77(5):326-328.
44. Andersen F, Hamann CR, Andersen KE, Hamann D, Sager E, Hamann C. Different concentrations and volumes of p-phenylenediamine in pet. (equivalent doses) areassociated with similar patch test outcomes: a pilot study. Contact Dermatitis.2018 May;78(5):335-340.
45. Svendsen MT, Andersen F, Andersen KH, Andersen KE. Can an app supporting psoriasis patients improve adherence to topical treatment? A single-blind randomized controlled trial. BMC Dermatol. 2018 Feb 7;18(1):2.
46. Mose KF, Andersen F, Røpke MA, Skov L, Friedmann PS, Andersen KE. Anti-inflammatory potency testing of topical corticosteroids and calcineurin inhibitors in human volunteers sensitized to diphenylcyclopropenone. Br J Clin Pharmacol. 2018 Apr 1. doi: 10.1111/bcp.13596. [Epub ahead of print]
47. Svendsen MT, Andersen F, Andersen KH, Pottegård A, Johannessen H, Möller S, August B, Feldman SR, Andersen KE. A smartphone application supporting patients with psoriasis improves adherence to topical treatment: a randomized controlled trial. . Br J Dermatol. 2018 Apr 14. doi: 10.1111/bjd.16667. [Epub ahead of print]
48. Svendsen MT, Ernst MT, Andersen KE, Andersen F, Johannessen H, Pottegård A. Use of topical antipsoriatic drugs in Denmark: A nationwide drug utilization study. Br J Dermatol. 2018 Aug 11. doi: 10.1111/bjd.17074. [Epub ahead of print]
49. Bui TNPT, Mose KF, Andersen F. Eugenol allergy mimicking burning mouth syndrome. Contact Dermatitis. 2018 Sep 20. doi: 10.1111/cod.13103. [Epub ahead of print]
50. Trettin B, Amstrup Lassen J, Andersen F, Agerskov H. The Journey of having scabies - A qualitative study. Journal of nursing education and practice, 2019 9 (2): 1-9.